2015 Legend Fires North West Stages
Around 600 officials signed on last year and helped make the 2014 rally a great success. Many comments have been received thanking the marshals and also commenting on their professional attitude.
Thanks again to all who signed on this year and hopefully we will see you next year.
Marshals Required for 2015 Event
If you're not competing and want to get a closer view of the action then why not Register as a Rally Marshal.
All Marshals are eligible for the superb end of rally prize draw. Marshals are required Friday afternoon/evening for scrutineering and all day Saturday for the rally itself. Previous marshalling experience is not required.
Guide to Marshalling
Marshalling is the term given to the job done by people on the ground who operate rally controls such as starts and finishes as well as controlling spectators on stages to ensure the stage is safe to run. Marshals are often responsible for a particular section of stage and often work under the supervision of a sector official. It is the Marshal's job to look out for the safety of the spectators and to maintain the stage furniture at all times for the safety of the competitors.
Warm clothing is essential, a good waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers plus appropriate footwear (metal toe capped type is recommended) with thermal socks (in winter). Gloves are also advisable for both warmth and protection.
- A Ski hat or similar headwear to provide warmth.
- A whistle, to be blown when cars are approaching.
- A flask with something warm inside to keep you going.
- Energy food, anything with glucose or as from personal experience Flapjacks.
Please contact our Joint Chief Marshals to Register:
Joint Chief Marshals
Dan Orme - 07792 475 868
Ken Wilkinson - 07771 742 692
2015 Entries OPEN!
Legend Fires North West Stages 2015 - Download Rally Regulations
Derian House Children's Hospice Sponsorship Form
Legend Fires North West Stages 2015 - Download Derian House Sponsorship Form
Rally Entry Form
For Online Entries:
Book NOW for Accommodation Deals
Once again for 2015, The Norbreck Castle Hotel are staging the Rally Headquarters, Parc Ferme and Scrutineering within the Norbreck Castle Hotel and Norcalympia Exhibtion Centre. It will also feature as the rally finish and venue for the end of rally prize presentation. The Norbreck Castle Hotel Rally Headquarters offer:
- Accommodation for in excess of 600 people.
- En-suite Bedrooms with colour TV and Tea & Coffee making facilities.
- Excellent Parking Facilities and Indoor Parc Ferme.
- Disabled and Wheelchair friendly accommodation available.
- Food & Drink at 'Copper Face Jack's Bar'
- Special Stage and Central Service area within walking distance of hotel.
We have once again managed to secure a fantastic deal at Norbreck:
- Special Rally Rates - 1 night package (Friday ONLY) of Dinner Bed & Breakfast for £35pp
- Special Rally Rates - 2 night package (Friday & Saturday) of Dinner Bed & Breakfast for £58pp
Please find detailed below the easiest booking procedure:
- Call 0871 222 0031 (Although this states the Norbreck Castle booking line - The call centre is in Manchester)
- Select Option 2
- Please quote RALLY2015. The customer will then be asked if they want a one night (Friday) or two night (Friday & Saturday) stay the advisor will be able then to take your booking
- Saturday only bookings are not available. A non-refundable deposit of £30.00 per person is required when booking.
2014 Winners - Paul Bird & Aled Davies - Focus WRC
Congratulations to Paul Bird and Aled Davies on winning the 2014 Legend Fires North West Stages Rally - their second consecutive victory on the Blackpool based rally! Pictured left to right: Andrew Falconer/Darren Doherty (3rd O/A), Aled Davies/Paul Bird (1st O/A), Neil Simpson/Claire Mole (2nd O/A).