2016 Legend Fires North West Stages
Around 600 officials signed on last year and helped make the 2015 rally a great success. Many comments have been received thanking the marshals and also commenting on their professional attitude.
Thanks again to all who signed on this year and hopefully we will see you next year.
Marshals Required for 2016 Event
If you're not competing and want to get a closer view of the action then why not Register as a Rally Marshal.
All Marshals are eligible for the superb end of rally prize draw. Marshals are required Friday afternoon/evening for scrutineering and all day Saturday for the rally itself. Previous marshalling experience is not required.
Guide to Marshalling
Marshalling is the term given to the job done by people on the ground who operate rally controls such as starts and finishes as well as controlling spectators on stages to ensure the stage is safe to run. Marshals are often responsible for a particular section of stage and often work under the supervision of a sector official. It is the Marshal's job to look out for the safety of the spectators and to maintain the stage furniture at all times for the safety of the competitors.
Warm clothing is essential, a good waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers plus appropriate footwear (metal toe capped type is recommended) with thermal socks (in winter). Gloves are also advisable for both warmth and protection.
- A Ski hat or similar headwear to provide warmth.
- A whistle, to be blown when cars are approaching.
- A flask with something warm inside to keep you going.
- Energy food, anything with glucose or as from personal experience Flapjacks.
Please contact our Joint Chief Marshals to Register:
Joint Chief Marshals
Dan Orme - 07792 475 868
Book NOW for Accommodation Deals
Once again for 2016, The Norbreck Castle Hotel are staging the Rally Headquarters, Parc Ferme and Scrutineering within the Norbreck Castle Hotel and Norcalympia Exhibtion Centre. It will also feature as the rally finish and venue for the end of rally prize presentation. The Norbreck Castle Hotel Rally Headquarters offer:
- Accommodation for in excess of 600 people.
- En-suite Bedrooms with colour TV and Tea & Coffee making facilities.
- Excellent Parking Facilities and Indoor Parc Ferme.
- Disabled and Wheelchair friendly accommodation available.
- Food & Drink at 'Copper Face Jack's Bar'
- Special Stage and Central Service area within walking distance of hotel.
We have once again, for the sixth year running, we've managed to secure a fantastic deal at Norbreck:
- Special Rally Rates - 1 night package (Friday ONLY) of Dinner Bed & Breakfast for £35pp
- Special Rally Rates - 2 night package (Friday & Saturday) of Dinner Bed & Breakfast for £58pp
FOR BOOKINGS CALL: 0871 222 0031
Please find detailed below the easiest booking procedure:
- Call 0871 222 0031 (Although this states the Norbreck Castle booking line - The call centre is in Manchester)
- Select Option 2
- Please quote RALLY2016. The customer will then be asked if they want a one night (Friday) or two night (Friday & Saturday) stay the advisor will be able then to take your booking
- Saturday only bookings are not available. A non-refundable deposit of £30.00 per person is required when booking.
2016 Legend Fires North West Stages
Plans for the 2016 Legend Fires North West Stages are gathering pace. Next year's Blackpool based event, which runs on Friday 5th & Saturday 6th February, retains it's base at the Norbreck Castle Hotel and it is expected to run to a similar format as in 2015.
Motor Sport (North West) is delighted that Legend Fires has committed to support the rally as it's Event Sponsor for the13th consecutive year.
In addition, after a successful relationship in 2015, Fuchs Lubricants has again agreed to sponsor the Blackpool Promenade Stage and we look forward to welcoming them back.
A new supporter to the event this year is Pennington Motorsport who will be sponsoring the ever popular and exciting 2016 Rally Village in the Norbreck Hotel.
The organising team looks forward to a rewarding year for all our sponsors and more details will be announced in due course.
2015 Winners - Paul Bird & Andrew Roughead
Congratulations to Paul Bird and Andrew Roughead on winning the 2015 Legend Fires North West Stages Rally - Paul's third consecutive victory on the Blackpool based rally!